Friday, August 31, 2007

2007 WSA Grand Jury Croatia (2)

It is hard to formulate the excitement and expectations of the Grand Jury exercise. But I think that my friend Waheed has hit the right tune in his welcome message as former host.

Dear friends

I still remember the amazing experience of Dubai 2003, when we were introduced to the WSA and its incredible team. I am still amazed with the positive energy created by the network of experts from around the world who met for the first time, but nevertheless worked as one, volunteering their time and creative power, determined to select the best eContent products in the world.

I never thought then that I will be able to host those marvellous experts along with the WSA team in my country Bahrain in 2005 … but who said dreams can't come true! Organizing WSA Grand Jury sessions in Bahrain had a great impact on our ICT sector. Moreover, it gave us a chance to pass the experience of international collaboration to a wonderful team of young Bahrainies, who still talk about their involvement in this experience and proudly list it in their CVs.

I am so happy to see that this experience is now passing to a dear country like Croatia. I am sure that its impact will not be forgotten even years from now. I look forward to meeting all of you – my old and my new friends – sure that we will again enjoy our time as jurors, working together, fighting (positively) and learning about Croatian ICT community and ICT professionals.

I wish to offer my respect and regards to the champions of this year's Grand Jury session - the Central State Administrative Office for eCroatia, and to WSA mastermind – prof. Bruck and his team. Also, a great big thanks to my dear friend Kresimir for taking the initiative to ensure that after Bahrain, this year's WSA Grand Jury takes place in Croatia, on the magical islands of Brijuni, and finally another big thanks to Natalija who is working on bring us all to Brijuni and leave safely, I am sure that we are driving her crazy.

Last but not least, thank you, WSA Grand Jurors for taking the time out of your busy schedules to once again work together for our joint vision of Information Society.

See you in Brijuni.

BTW Look up the official WSA Grand Jury Croatia 2007 on http://worldsummitaward.blogspot.com/ and the daily photographs.

Blog Posting Number: 854

Tags: ,

No comments: